75% of Nigerian Air Force personnel now leaves in barracks – Chief of Air Staff
The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar, says 75 per cent of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) personnel now stay in the barracks unlike 45 per cent in July 2015.
Abubakar disclosed this on Tuesday in Jos at the inauguration of 30-room transit accommodation for airmen/airwomen.
He said that the projects were part of the present administration’s efforts at enhancing welfare of Air Force personnel in order to enhance professionalism in the service.
“Under this administration, housing, hospitals and office accommodation as well as school infrastructure have been constructed and old ones renovated across the country.
“It is part of the Air Force commitment of providing the infrastructure to effective response to the service exigencies.
“The Air Force will continue to pay attention to addressing infrastructure deficit as part of efforts to motivate staff, improve the life regimentation and es spirit de corps,” he said.
He said accommodation in Air Force Station Jos was for transit airmen/airwomen to have been to stay.
He said that the newly-constructed hostel block for Airforce Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Jos, was to enhance learning in the institution.
Abubakar had earlier paid a courtesy call on Gov. Simon Lalong and commended him for the cooperation and support to the air force personnel in the state.
Lalong, who inaugurated both projects, commended President Muhammad Buhari for massive attention given to security.
He also commended the Air force for establishing a Search and Rescue Unit in Kerang, Mangu Local Government Area.
The governor appreciated the military for the prevailing peace in the country, saying that without peace there could be no development.
Group Capt. Abdullahi Bello, Commander NAF Station 551, Jos, said that improving the working condition of the air force personnel such as the provision of accommodation would boost their morale.